I am pulling my son out of school.
I can't believe how easy this is.
Should I be nervous?
I'm not nervous.
Should I be scared?
I'm not scared.
Should I be worried?
I'm not worried.
(Not today, anyway.)
Sign this paper here.
Make a quick call there.
That's it.
This is a pretty big deal.
I'm taking my son's education into my own hands.
Or,
I'm letting my son take his education into his own hands.
And I will guide him through it.
He's ready.
Luke has prayed his own way here.
He owns this decision.
And me?
It feels good.
It's the right thing.
Right now.
Not two years ago. Not last year. Not even last month.
But now.
Ready.....Set.......HOMESCHOOL!!

4 comments:
Wow, how exciting! You'll love having him home. I have days when I'm nervous about what I'm doing, but most days I know that I couldn't do it any other way anymore. I have seen too many great things come of it. He sounds like a very ready and mature boy.
Awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it.
I really like your Helen Keller quote.
I'm excited to hear how it goes for you guys. Luke seems like he will be easy and super fun to educate. You will like having him home. I loved having the boys home. They really were helpful to me and their younger siblings loved having them around. Happy Homeschooling!
I'm glad it's all working out for you and Luke! I know you've been excited to try homeschooling for awhile now!
Post a Comment