.

.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Miri!

Seven Years Old. 

She's teetering somewhere between little girl and big kid.  Her front tooth is taunting escape-- each twist and wiggle sparks a twinkle of expectation in her eyes.  But I know what comes next.  I'm riding my own teeter-totter of delight and reluctance.  A sort of wistful reticence to let that tooth- that innocence- go

Miri was (am I really using "was?") an especially irresistible 6 year old.  She has a smile that could light up a stadium, an infectious enthusiasm, and a penchant for the silliest of silly which triggers eruptions of giggles on a regular basis.  Miri loves to be my kitchen helper, and has taken to playing the role of both nemesis and nurturer to her little sisters.  She shines in the latter role!   When Miriam is happy, she is JOYOUSLY, BURSTINGLY happy!  (Yes, the inverse is also true. ;))  My favorite moment of the day is when I pick her up from school at lunchtime.  She still runs to me with unbridled glee, slipping her hand into mine and releasing a waterfall of words which pool into story after story of the hours since we last parted. 




Miri, telling noontime stories

I find myself taking more and more mental snapshots- my attempt to capture and preserve the sweetest moments of their lives- which happen to be the sweetest of mine.

It was a simple sort of 7th Celebration, per Miri's request (phew!) 









A few cousins, a few neighbors,






Fistfuls of chalk,











A little sparkle, a little shine,











 And plenty of park paraphernalia!




 














A perfectly perfect day for a party in May.





And a perfectly Miri Day.







Happy 7th my cutest, silliest, smiley-est Mimi!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Cute! I'm glad you're near family again.

davenportreport said...

Coveting your house just by the few pictures. Seriously!

And that picture of Miri's smile...oh my gosh...so cute!

Tricia, you need an i-something. Just sayin'.