.

.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sometimes I Get So Frustrated

When the day is a whirlwind.  And I'm tired.  And dinner cleanup takes way too long.  And the house is a wreck.  And I'm sure I'm failing in five different places.  And my inner Mary Poppins has left for the night.  And the kids aren't in bed.  And I'm rushing the kisses and glad for quick prayers.  And wondering if there's any time left.

For ME.

Because I can feel selfish, too.

And when that happens, I have to do something, anything, ONE thing,

Just to celebrate a little alone-ness.



Tonight--

It's chocolate cake.




"Emergency Chocolate Cake." 
 (America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook, p. 525)



At 10pm.



Join Me?

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I support your need for alone time and emergency chocolate cake whole-heartedly! Enjoy and savor!

Amy said...

Oh, I'm hearing you, sister. "Good night, Amy."

I've made Emergency Chocolate cake numerous times. Isn't it the one with mayonnaise?

You need a girls weekend around mid-November.

Anonymous said...

Hey mom!!! The chocolate cake you made was pretty good! I heard you making it last night, I like the name "Emergency Chocolate Cake." I guess it was an emergency when you described all the problems currently happening...

J9 said...

Story of my life! I so wish I could join you for late night chocolate cake!

Tricia said...

Amy- yes, the one with a whole darn cup of mayo-- though I just did oil and eggs this time. And, yes ma'am, mid-november sounds like a lovely time for a getaway...

Janine- wouldn't that be so great to wrap up the day with treats around my big brown table once again. I can hear your voice just now, and it makes me smile and miss you.