.

.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm Published!

Sort of.

Two years ago I was invited to be a contributing author in a new genealogy manual.  I accepted, wrote, went through a couple rounds of editing...and then forgot all about it. 

Until last week when I recieved an email letting me know the book had been published and my copy was in the mail.

Today I recieved that big golden envelope and slid out the contents:




I've never really had ambitions of publishing anything, so I had to pause and remind myself...that this is kinda, sorta neat!  Then I opened the cover to the list of contributing authors--  I was floored to see among them former professors, mentors and colleagues of mine who have long had my admiration and respect.

My brain is struggling to understand how it is that I find my name listed alongside theirs. 



5 comments:

Amy said...

This is fantastic!! And huge news!! Do you think it would work for me "to become a beginner geneaologist" ?? I keep telling you I'm fascinated by it (I've been doing indexing and I LOVE it). I'm totally going to buy it. Do you get royalties?

hansen.jenny said...

Tricia--That's great to be part of this project. It's always fun to have something "fancy and professional" to pull out here and there for extra validation that you still have a brain. I'm sure your chapter is fabulous! :)

Tricia said...

Jenny Hansen! What a happy surprise to see you here! Yes, yes, nice to think I could have some brains left somewhere in here... but you might change your mind if you read that chapter. I read it again yesterday and cringed. Still- I'm not sure I could do any better even now, two years later!

So great to hear from you!

Tricia said...

Amy! Wouldn't royalties be fabulous! But alas, they all go to the organization who wrote the book (The International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists) I would like to think you could become a beginner genealogist with it. Most of it was written with the assumption that you have a basic knowledge of research methodology and sources, but perhaps you do? Let's chat someday.

Kristie said...

What a great accomplishment! I just love your blog, Trish. I finally had a chance to catch up on your summer activities and home-schooling adventures. What a great mama you are!