- I am very interested in simple, natural health and nutrition. Always have been.
- I've read about 5 billion books on the subject.
- D&C 89 sums all those books up quite nicely.
- I try to fill in the details.
- I am not a vegan.
- I often masquerade as one in order to find balance.
- And eat more vegetables.
- Someday I would like my own cow.
- To go with my horse.
I babysat my first sourdough culture earlier this month and had my second round of experimental bread baking this week! I've been soaking, sprouting and dehydrating grains, nuts and seeds lately. Next week I'll try making sprouted spelt flour. I know, wild and crazy! Strangely, it takes very little time to do these things. Just some education and forethought, really.
My new favorite breakfast is quinoa and fresh berries with coconut milk yogurt. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! I'm starting to want it for lunch too! Maybe I'll take a few breakfast photos someday.
For now, here are some more of my favorite quick lunches- things I would put on The Salad Wagon:
Falafel on flatbread. Chickpea balls, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, tahini. It was missing the hummus this day:
Those (below) are sauteed portobellos (in a little balsamic, a little soy sauce and a little olive oil):

I have to post this one again, because I forgot to mention that you MUST sprinkle with lemon pepper. Very important. This time it's on whole wheat sourdough toast:

Yes, that is cheese on top


I don't even remember what I did here. It was leftovers from dinner. I believe it was seasoned with basil and oregano, over couscous (Creighton doesn't like couscous, so we don't eat it often):

Mmmm. Another standard/favorite:

A new favorite dinner dish. This is leftovers. Moroccan Chicken(less) stew with yogurt sauce over brown rice (thanks, Melissa !):


Another standard lunch. Fresh vegetables and hummus:


This is the Flexi in Flexi-Vegan:

Our good friend came by with those little lovelies from a bakery he'd just finished building. What was I going to say? NO?!
I don't think so.

2 comments:
Invite me over for lunch please? Tell me if your sprouted flour turns out. I tried it once and found that it wouldn't raise, but I may have dehydrated at too high a temp. When I can I like to buy a bread called Jack Sprat made in Bountiful that is made from 100% sprouted wheat. Also, how is your sourdough turning out? I kept a starter going for a few years that I'd started from wild yeast (my in-laws grape skins) but I never thought it was awesome. I've recently bought a starter from San Francisco and am trying to work myself up into the energy of having a go at making sourdough bread again. I just was never good at it before and it seemed so much work for my mediocre results. So please, please give me some tips!
I hate that you felt the need to delete your other post. Personally, I think you should be able to express your thoughts about food on your blog without worrying about bothering someone else. I don't think you should censor yourself to keep someone else's feathers unruffled. I'm a pretty low-key, basic kind of gal when it comes to food, bit I certainly don't get upset reading your blog! =)
Post a Comment