For as many times as I've read Moroni, chapter 7, I've never stopped to think about that. Until this morning. It jumped out at me. In fact, in the preceding verses, the references are all masculine (he, his, brethren.) But then he describes charity:
And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
How interesting.
Especially for that particular phrase.
I'll be chewing on this one all day.

3 comments:
Okay...that is the coolest insight EVER! I love that! I just wanted to say "Thank You!" for your sweet comment on my blog! Glad to be sharing the same kind of journey with you! Hugs! :)
Love that.
And you.
This is so food for thought! I definitely have my days where if Charity is a she then there must be some other pronoun for what I am.
Post a Comment