.

.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Very Own B&B

I've decided that just about every American woman, at a given moment in her life, has entertained the notion of restoring some beautiful old country home and running a little Bed and Breakfast out of it-- just for fun. I once toyed with this idea myself-- for about five seconds-- before I relegated it to the "silly romantic wish" file- knowing that the practical logistics would quickly send the romanticsm up in a puff of smoke. What do you know, though- I've been running a regular B&B out of my very own home for the past 3 months! Who says silly wishes don't come true?

We've had family and friends passing through back to back, week after week since early spring. It's been a happy blur of fresh towels and sheets, welcome signs, blueberry muffins and smoothies, field trips around town and hearty chats around the table. To Grandma Joyce, the Baros family, Joel and Colleen, Tim and Libby, the Tolmans, Joan and John, Uncle Nick and Megan and Brian- we've so enjoyed every visit with each one of you.

I'm quite the lazy photographer, especially when I'm playing "hostess." The only pictures I have are of two of our favorite people in the world, the Clarks- and that's only because Colleen didn't have her camera and wanted pictures. Let's embarass them, shall we?

Here's the extraordinarily happy couple:


Beautiful Colleen, my kindred friend:




Playing at the lake:




A terrible shot of the two of us.  :



And so on.
We've had a lovely time. With everyone!

Just a little FYI, though- If you want to book time at the Petrey B&B, you'd better hurry!

1 comment:

davenportreport said...

Are you guys moving again?

I have been wondering where you've been. No posts forever!

What's going on? Do I need to call you?

Oh, and btw, I totally want to run my own b&b. James thinks I'm crazy. Sounds like you're crazy with me.