.

.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ode To The Bon Air Women

Unfortunately for you, I'm not really in ode mode, but the title seems so right. 

I was thinking this morning about our drive out of town.  Our last moments in Richmond.  Nathan Berryman had raced over to our home and caught us just in time-  for hugs all around.  A fitting farewell.  He and his dad were our first friends in Virginia.  Salt of the Earth sort of people.  I love that family. 

We loaded up and drove away and my heart immediately turned to the women of the Bon Air Ward.  I don't even know where to begin in describing them: solid, good, strong, real, faithful women.  Somehow, leaving magnifies the ties I feel to them and my heart hurts to leave.  I'm not good at goodbyes.  Rather ironic considering how many times I've had to part ways with people I love.  I stumble over words in my mind and end up saying something trite and superficial.  So, I'll say what I've wanted to say here:

Thank You Bon Air ladies.  Thank you for being the kind of women I want to emulate in so many different ways.  Thank you for your friendship and for the silent support I felt from you day in and day out over the past two years.  The kind of support that comes from knowing that we struggle and strive for the same goals, with the same purpose.  Women At The Well  will forever represent the sisterhood I've felt with so many of you. You did a wonderful thing, Darla.

I miss you all, especially now in my temporarily disconnected state- with a sea of nameless, unfamiliar faces before me.  If you don't mind, I'll draw on your silent strength just a little longer-  and maybe forever.

Thank heavens for blogs, and Facebook and email-  a little soothing for the sadness.

Farewell fine friends.

3 comments:

J9 said...

If it helps, I miss you too! I find myself thinking about you alot and wondering how things are going for you. I felt drawn to you from the moment you moved into our ward and it was no mistake that you ended up in our presidency. I consider myself blessed to have known you. Hang in there....things will get better!

Heidi Crosby said...

The ward isn't the same without you, Tricia, and without your precious family. I was conducting primary on Sunday and kept looking out wondering where everyone was. Not having your children in their classes felt so wrong, left us so incomplete! I was wondering today how your family is. I haven't written or read blogs for months now...not swearing off it, just too busy I guess. But as I was thinking about your family, missing you, I was grateful I could hop on here to see how you are doing. I hope you can set up a really happy life for your family in your new place. I know you will. Miss you!

Tricia said...

=)