.

.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Bends in My Road

Here's a little announcement:

We moved. 

Again.

Here's stating the obvious:

We're crazy.

Let's see...I believe this makes 10 moves in 11 years.

!

Maybe we should go for one more just so we can make it 11 for 11.  At this moment, that sounds pretty good.  A different home with a few more closets (designed by a woman) would be fabulous...


Sometimes I say that we never meant to move this much, but the truth is, I was born with a bit of wanderlust. Or maybe I'm just not afraid of change.  I do think that has subconsciously played a part in many of our decisions over the years.   I never wanted my life's path to stretch straight out in front of me to the skyline.  As painful as it can be, I enjoy the curves and bends.  I never expected it to be quite SO curvy, and I'll admit I'm a little carsick this week, but when I think back over time, and all those bends and curves, the views and vistas from my life's window have been priceless.  They are part of what has made it so rich. 



So where did we go?  What on earth could compel us to leave a place as steeped in beauty and history as Virginia? 

An unexpected opportunity to move back home to Utah.  A.S.A.P.

It was so sudden, we nearly declined.  But that didn't sit right.  Just as Creighton had finished crafting his email to refuse, we talked it over once more.In a matter of a few minutes, and one walk around the block, we changed our mind.  Just like that.  And just like that, our home sold.  In three days. And the buyers wanted to move in immediately.  And just like that, we found a home in Utah.  And the sellers wanted to move out immediately.  And just like that, there we were, only a few weeks later, packing up and moving out, and heading back across the country...to home. 

And it all happened so FAST.  Just like that.

And we survived yet another big dip, sharp bend, wild curve in our road.

It felt a little like this...



But yesterday, it was starting to feel more like this:




I'm feeling a little weary and a lot disoriented right now.  But it will pass.  For some reason, we need to be right where we are, and I'm more than a little curious to figure out why!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

It takes a lot of courage to pick up and go as many times as you and your family have. Despite the many moves, I'm sure that none of those decisions were made lightly. I wish you happiness in your new home in UT!

Ashley said...

I love your curvy road pictures. We have moved 7 times in 7 years, so we are right on track with you. Everyone always asks if Chuck is in the military.

I hope you are able to get settled quickly. I have loved getting to know you over the last few years and I will miss chatting with. I'm grateful for blogs that I will be able to still feel connected to you. Good Luck in your transition.

Karen said...

Holy moly! =) I can't believe how quickly everything happened! Hard to question the decision when everything falls perfectly into place like that, though! Ironically, I just got home from two weeks in Utah on Friday! =)

Email me your new address when you have a chance, ok?

Sarah said...

I'm almost positive that you will find so many people who love you and who need your wisdom...just as we did. Glad that everything went so smoothly.

Tricia said...

Ashley- how did I not know this was your 7th move?!! We always laugh that we're worse than military, too. I'll miss our chats as well.

Karen- I'll put our new address on my facebook info. Too bad we just missed you here!

Sarah- I believe I benefited far more from knowing you. =)