With all the tumult of the move, we made the pricey decision to skip the insanity of driving cross-country with our throng of mini people, and chose to spend a couple of days at the beach and fly out instead. Isn't that a much better plan?? We thought so.
Our good friend Geof not only agreed to drop us off at the beach and drive our van back to be shipped later, BUT he sat smashed between three of our children on the back bench and entertained them with song and dance the whole way there! Unbelievable. We'll be taking him on every road trip from now on.
We drove right through the most intense thunder storm I've ever been in and watched lightening strike ground all around us. Oddly enough, it eventually put everyone to sleep in the back, Geof. included, so Craig and I drove merrily along in the rain and blissful silence.
It's the little things.
I spent all of 30 seconds snapping photos of our little getaway. Here's what I've got:
Notice there's no Luke in these shots. He spent the entire time riding the swells on the edge of forbidden territory. He's fearless, that one.
We really had a great time. I coaxed Abby and Miri into the deeper waves for the first time ever, and there was much hoopla. When we weren't at the beach, the hotel pool fulfilled all their desires- which never ceases to amaze me.
So, next time you're in the middle of a move, take it from us- drop everything and head for the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
We did the same thing, though not on quite the same scale. We only moved 5 miles down the road, but we did leave piles of unpacked boxes and went to the beach. It's a nice way to avoid reality for a few days. =)
I can't imagine why you've missed 3 of my posts!!! It's not like you've had anything going on.
Are you getting settled at all? I want to come see you. I feel so out of control pretty much all the time, but I'm hoping when the kids get back to the routine, I will not be a chicken with my head cut off.
Are you homeschooling?
xoxo
Molly
btw, the beach looks like such fun. I'm glad you got a little respite from the craziness!!
I'm so glad Geof. kept the kids entertained..and got a little shut-eye, as well. And you know, I didn't know Creighton was Craig? Which one is correct..both? Sad you guys are gone! Can't believe it, actually!
Karen- I'm so curious about your move. Did that mean a release for Jason??
Molly- I'll wait patiently for your craziness to die down and then we must get together. Really.
Darla- Creighton is my husband. Craig is my boyfriend. J/K. Actually, he's gone by Craig his whole life. I'm the only one of his friends and family who calls him Creighton. That's how he wanted it when we met. =)
Post a Comment