.

.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Don't let their sweet faces fool you-





A couple of houligans- that's what they are.  Within the last 24 hours they have managed to:

  • Empty an entire case of floss and string it around the house.
  • Dump and grind half a box of cereal into the family room carpet-- and eat the remainder.
  • Pull their drapes off of the wall, hardware and all.
  • Squirt 8 tubes of glitter paint onto the bedroom carpet and smear it in, using the excess to paint the wall and their pajamas.
  • CHOP THEIR BANGS OFF TO THE ROOTS.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh!  This is the third time we've attempted to grow those pesky bangs out and we were finally making serious progress!  Poor things could hardly see in that awkward stage and had to take matters into their own hands.



No.  That's a before shot.  Be very afraid.

This is a recurring theme on my blog, isn't it.  Blasted kid scissors!  I even walked past them right before the dastardly deed and consciously, consciously chose not to put them away.  Of course they couldn't do it in one place either-- hair was strewn throughout three rooms and static-glued all over the sofa cushions.

[ Sigh...] 

At least we got the vacuuming done.

My garbage can made me laugh yesterday:  A wad of gnarly floss, topped with dripping tubes of paint, all smattered with dark tufts of freshly snipped hair. 

It's a good thing they're so utterly adorable.




Buh-bye hair clips.  We have no need for you now.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, you're a good sport! Some days it's laugh or cry, right? I want to see pics of the buzzed bangs. =)

Amy said...

Raccoons, TP. That's what you've got: raccoons. Floss can be wadded up, hair grows back, cereal can be vacuumed. But the glitter paint in the carpet? What did you do?

Calgon, take me away.

Cath said...

Awww, they are super cute. But man! I completely get it. We've had some similar days at our house. Floss - oh.... for weeks now since our last dentist visit I've been finding rolls of floss or bits and pieces strewn all over the house. And yes, those blasted scissors. I keep ours up high and the kids HAVE to ask for permission to use. I feel your pain. but love that you have the perspective to laugh. Did you take some after-cut shots? Would love to see!

Ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

I'm not sure if you saw the pics on facebook or not, but Brynlee recently chopped her long hair up to ther chin. Fun times, I tell ya!

Alyssa said...

I immediately sent the link for this post to my sister-in-law. Just change the names, and this post could've been about her 3-year old. Same kinds of (mis)adventures, and she even emailed back to say her daughter had just chopped off her bangs, too. She's glad she's not alone. =)

What's the saying? If you're going to be able to look back on this and laugh about it later, you might as well laugh about it now, too. Good luck with that glitter paint!!

Karen said...

Ooops - didn't realize my daughter was logged on... =)

J9 said...

NO FAIR!!! You have to post the after pics! I am thinking they can wear those thick fabric headbands for a while that just cover up the whole front of their head.... Aren't you glad this is happening on kid 5 and 6 and not 1 and 2? Some things just become easier to swallow after you have relaxed a bit in your parenting....at least that's what I found!

davenportreport said...

Tricia, Tricia, Tricia,

I'm with Amy on this one. The hair is a tragedy, but the carpet. It makes me wince just thinking about it.