.

.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And Did You Know...

that you can replace vital wheat gluten with apple cider vinegar in any whole grain bread recipe to get the same soft, yummy effect?







Yes, you can!

This is spelt bread, which is an ancient form of wheat.  It naturally has less gluten than wheat because it has not been over-hybridized to increase the gluten content (thanks so much Wonder Bread.)

Goodness knows we don't need any more gluten in our food. 

(p.s. don't be fooled by these photos, or this post.  I am not a regular bread baker. Somethings gotta give in my food world, and it's usually the bread.  But I'm thinking if I get Abby involved, that just might change...)



3 comments:

davenportreport said...

Ooh, send me the recipe you use! I'd love to try it!!!

garcias said...

Utah has the best bread options. I even found a bread for less than $2 that had only 5 or 6 real ingredients. It was wonderful and then I moved to Texas. It took me months to find a good bread here in Texas. I finally found one that is sold at only two stores. It has only 5 ingredients and made with freshly ground organic whole grain wheat. It is Local and at only $4 it is hard to pass up!

Bread is usually the thing I let go first as well. I keep thinking that I need to start making bread, but can't ever find the time, or the energy. I don't know how Sally manages to make 4 loaves of sour dough bread a week.

Darla said...

I didn't know (about the ACV). Please send the recipe! I love using ACV whenever possible!!