Fall seems to have wound down and out with the change of weather, so it must be time for a little re-cap. Here are some random snippets- whatever I got on camera:
Fruit trees! Two apples and a pear. Let the orchard begin...
Our General Conference Crepes-
And all the toppings:
Harvesting the garden remains:
Isnt' real food, beautiful??
Can't stop taking pictures...
First snow of the season.
How does one pose with a snowman?
BIG earrings.
I'm not much of a jewelry girl (never mind the double piercing.) These came in the mail with a dress I ordered. What do you think? Can I pull it off? Truly, they'd probably last 5 minutes in my ears-- all that jiggling and bobbling. How do you manage it, big earring ladies?
Our neighbors have an apple orchard down south and asked if we wanted some. "Sign me up!" I said. But I forgot to ask what kind.
Red Delicious. Mostly. Or something like them.
What to do with 3 HUGE boxes of Red Delicious...
Luke went to town with the juicer.
But they still didn't cut it in liquid form. So sad.
So we gave them to the horses.
Who are very happy.
Abby and I are taking riding lessons this fall/winter/forever.
I'm fullfilling a lifelong dream, and Abby's having the time of her life.
Luke's first Scout campout. Fulfilling a dream of his own.
Cleaning out the pantry.
Aren't pantries dreamy? In all of our homes, we've only had a real bonafide pantry twice. I've been waiting for our basement to be finished to get this one spiffied up and streamlined. The day finally arrived! And Miri begged to help. (!)
Amazing how food multiplies when it's unloaded onto the counter.
Digging into Daddy's cookies while my head was buried:
Guilty.
Ahh. A clean pantry feels so good.
This is the beautiful side:
Ever seen such a bouquet?
I'm a daisy lover with true blue blood. Creighton knew he had winning combination with this one.
He's one humble Ute, I tell you.




3 comments:
I love all of your pictures and seeing the way you and your family work together. The fruits and veggies are beautiful, and your kids are adorable, as always.
As far as the dangly earrings, they look great! But I completely understand...I used to wear a lot of dangly earrings when I had long hair. As my hair got shorter, so did my earrings. I'm not sure why. Now I wear studs 99% if the time, and maybe some small hoops.
Lastly, congratulations on making sense of your pantry. It looks great!
All those red delicious apples are perfect for APPLESAUCE!!! Use a Victorio Stainer and it makes it easy to sauce the apples and then process them in a water bath canner. Add a little sugar too if it's not sweet enough, even some cinnamon would be yummy as well!
Love your food pictures. And your yard is gorgeous. I hope get to stay in that house to see fruit off the apple trees!
Staying in a home long enough to see fruit... that sure would be something!!
Yes, yes, I should've tried applesauce. It crossed my mind, but the thought of mealy applesauce turned me off. I still have one more box in the garage, maybe I'll give it a try-- just for you. ;)
Post a Comment