Don't ask me how it's possible that my tiny babies are now five years old. I'm still gasping at the thought, and I have a squeamish sort of feeling that time is just going to evaporate from here on out. Kate and Caroline have turned into the most delightful creatures (if I do say so!) They are beautiful little girls with such happy natures. More often than not, they are so agreeable, so eager to please and do right, so forgiving, so kind and thoughtful and generous. Their general enthusiasm and goodness is inspiring. These two live to dance and sing and play, draw and color and paint, dream and pretend and imagine. From sun up to far beyond sundown, they invest every little bit of their hearts and minds and bodies into living joyfully.
Evidence: Kate and Caroline rarely walk-- they must RUN, SKIP or LEAP everywhere they go. That, alone, puts a smile on my face every time I stop to notice.
And their prayers! The sweetest, purest, truest- and often funniest words ever uttered.
I still can't get enough of their silky soft cheeks, or little fingers clinging to my own, or delicate arms wrapped around my neck.
Please let this never end.
Honestly, my heart just about bursts at the thought of them. They are such a gift to our family. All of the exhausting and exasperating years of carrying and raising twins pale in comparison to the joy they bring us day in and day out. They are truly loved to bits by every one of us.
Then:
And Now:
Happy Birthday Kate and Caroline!! You are so very loved.

3 comments:
Beautiful post for beautiful girls. I feel like I'm having a hard time enjoying my kids' childhoods because I am too busy panicking about the day they leave.
Sweetest little post. I hate how quickly the time is going, too!
Forgot to tell you how much I love your house (not that I didn't think I would) and how glad I am that you're happy and how fun it was to see you yesterday!
xoxo
They are looking so old! And beautiful. How wonderful that they are such a joy and light to you and your family. Love this!!
Post a Comment