.

.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Here You Go


Here's the Photo. A little lopsided in this picture, but it's not as short as you thought, is it? I cut at least 6 inches off. Abby cried when she got off the bus and saw me. She begged me all night to glue my hair back on. Our handyman friend and his two teenage sons came over yesterday and immediately offered to give me the name and number for their hairdresser. Bless their helpful hearts. They probably noticed it was looking a bit like a lampshade. I felt like I should be wearing shoulder pads and pearls..... so I went ahead and put a few layers in. A little snip here, a little snip there. I have this urge to just keep cutting and see how short I can stand it, but at this point I can still pull it back if I really want to, and as you know- it's all about options.

Here's a post-layers picture (don't you LOVE taking pictures of yourself? And then posting them?? Ugh.):



I'm pretty sure this style doesn't belong in this decade either, but it sure feels good.

9 comments:

davenportreport said...

You are brave.

And it looks darling!

xoxo

Karen said...

I think it definitely belongs in this decade, and I think you look GREAT! I can't believe you did that all yourself either! I once tried to give my poor daughter "a trim," and it ended up coming out as a bob because I kept having to go back around and try to even it out. Even now, when she sees pictures from that fateful time, she says, "Look how short my hair was then. Remember that's when you cut it, Mom?" Needless to say, I haven't done that since...

Sally said...

You gave that haircut to yourself..all by yourself?! I think it's awesome. I can hardly blow dry the back of my hair...how on earth did you cut the back of your own hair????

Holly said...

You call that short. Oh Dear! I guess I was Butch way back when. I think it looks great and I can't believe you did it by yourself. By the way, thanks for the Christmas Card.

Tina said...

You are so awesome! What's even worse is that I pay for the haircut and then come home and cut it myself!! Sometimes I have John fix the back if it looks a little crooked. Cutting off an entire ponytail, though. Only the bravest of the brave would attempt such a feat. You're my hero!

Heidi Crosby said...

I like it! Can't wait to see it in person. It's one of my personal favorite lengths of hair.

The cool family! said...

CUTE hair! I just cut about 5 inches off my hair as well this past weekend! I didn't know you had a blog! I'll have to bookmark it.
Takw care, Ryann

Kristie said...

It looks great! I've gone shorter and shorter over the years and never looked back. It's so much easier!

SLP said...

ADORABLE!
Love it - very sassy