I have been wearing the same ponytail nearly every day for about 8 years now. [Read: Since the day I became a Mother] Okay- sometimes I wear it all twisted up and such, but it's still pulled back. I can't stand to have hair in my face. Living in Daybreak really sealed the ponytail deal for me. Every time I wore my hair down, gale-force winds would inevitably come whipping through those prairies and I'd end up cursing myself for even trying to have normal girl hair. And then I'd pull my hair back.
In Virginia, we have humidity. I can last 5 minutes with my hair down outside before it looks like I stuck my finger in a socket. I do it sometimes for church, or just so my hip neighbor will still be my friend and not lump me into the "Frumpy Mom"category [some people do that.] I hope I'm not really frumpy, but isn't that sort of what a ponytail every day says?
So yes, I know- I should try cutting it all off, right? I think about that. I would love to look really great with short hair- I mean like Gwyneth Paltrow Sliding Doors great. But I finally realized that I would have to have her face in order to look that good with her hair. Still, the ponytail has to go. I have to figure something else out. I need more options. The problem is, not only am I too cheap for professional photographers at Christmas Time, I'm also too cheap for real hairdressers. Or too practical. I hate the thought of taking time [and money] out to have my hair done every six weeks. I have friends with amazing hair and I know that's what they do. I just get tired thinking about it. I would much rather spend that time and money elsewhere these days. So my hair is my own fault. I take full responsibility for it. Which is why I took that ponytail in my hands today, grabbed a pair of scissors and chopped it right off.
Yup.
I really did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
WOW! I would like to see pictures! When I find myself wearing a ponytail all the time, I know it is time to cut my hair short (like when we were roommates.)
You did NOT! I won't believe you until I see an actual picture. And hurry up with it...
We really are a lot a like! I'm excited to see the new 'do.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE LEAVING US ALL HANGING WITHOUT A PICTURE! =) You can't just tell us you chopped off your ponytail and then simply end your post! Let's see that new hair, Trish! =)
You can't possibly post something like this and then NOT post a picture. (BTW, loved Sliding Doors.) You are a much braver person than I. Do you know I've never cut my own hair? Never even trimmed bangs.
Trish, I know you are not into spending money frivolously but have you looked into the Japanese straightening perm? In Taiwan the humidity ran around 100% and my hair looked awesome all the time. You can get ANY haircut you want and it will look fabulous in any weather. I can't afford the $500 they charge in America but if you can I would TOTALLY go for it. I have to do it on the cheap and buy the stuff on line by pretending I'm a real hairdresser (my salon is called Sally's..teehee) and have my sister do it. But it does turn out better done professionally. Anyway, I've raved about it on my blog several times. Come on, let's a least see a pic of the poor, sad, chopped ponytail.
I never know what to do with my hair! It's soooo thin, and an awful dishwater blonde when I don't keep it colored. I'm with you on the maintenance and the expense though! I've been letting it grow for a while, but when it's long(er), it just hangs and I look like a drowned rat! Oh well, we can't have it all, right? By the way, thanks for the package! Ray and I will have to sit by the "fire" whilst listening to the romantic CD! Funny!
Good for you chopping that ponytail right off! We do need pictures. I bet you look so HIP now. Somedays I feel like taking to razor to my head and just shaving it all off but then I remember I am thankful for a head of hair since many don't have that luxury.
NO!~ DID YOU REALLY? I NEED PROOF!
I want to see a picture to believe it.
I feel the same way in Boston - ocean winds and humidity.
I wear a bun at the nape of my neck 9 months out of the year...
Looking forward to evidence of your change :)
Stacey
Post a Comment