.

.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Underwear Years

The past couple of years when we attempt a family photo (we're too cheap to hire a professional), it always ends up that the best photo in the lot has a peek-a-boo of someone's underwear. Here's last year:



And this year (taken tonight.) Never mind that we're dressed for Easter in December:


Isn't this a horrible picture?! (I mean the lighting and the underwear)

Peek-a-Boo!

"Why," you ask "don't you just shoot some more pics til you get it right?"

Because it's MADNESS I tell you! It was no small feat for me to get us all dressed and outside and posed for a picture this week- and I didn't even make it in time for the sun! The camera was acting up, the flash kept going off without permission, the kids got restless. We had to take what we could get. So we have diaper in the photo. (No, I don't have Photoshop.)

The more I think about it, the more I like these underwear shots. They're so Me. So telling of my current state of mind. I kept nudging Creighton to pull her dress down, but in the end.....who really cares? Really. I just have to laugh.

Here's what was going on while we were spanking the camera:


Can't you just see those precious moments of good humor and decent hair ticking away? I'm so glad I have it documented so I can renew the anxiety anytime I want to.

Don't ask me what I'm talking about. It's late.


p.s. if you don't get your Christmas card until next year, it's because I'm goofing around with this post instead of addressing envelopes...

4 comments:

Karen said...

And I'm reading blogs instead of addressing envelopes!! =)

I think you'll miss those underwear years once they pass. Because then you'll be dealing with a photo shoot full of teenagers who will hate every shot! At least right now, no one cares! =) Besides, there's always Photoshop...

Kristie said...

When the family is that cute, all the pictures turn out good! BTW, I your Christmas card is going out with tomorrow's mail. :-)

Sally said...

Well, I'm waiting for the one that has a peek a boo of either your's or Creighton's underwear.

Tina said...

I was thinking as I read Karen's comment that at least these underwear shots are unintentional. That's not always the case with teenagers. These are wonderful, innocent years! You're family is absolutely beautiful!!!