.

.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Note To Self...

Sleep on your posts before you publish them. 

Wow.  That was quite the Christmas rant!  I read it again this morning and laughed (and tweaked it a little).  Christmas really wasn't all that bad.  I just didn't love all the food prep and kid prep to get out the door every day.  (Whimp.)  And I kept feeling some primal need to go out and climb a mountain...or snowshoe through the back country.  Instead, I was helping myself to another truffle. 

That's all.

5 comments:

Sally said...

I didn't think it was bad. But I know what you mean. My favorite Christmas memories are in Taiwan and I think it was because it was just us having our own island of family Christmas in a country where the main religions are Daoism and Buddhism. The focus was poignant.

Holly said...

Since we live in Oregon and don't have any family around, Christmas is spent with just our little family. The first few years I was a bit homesick, but I've made plans and traditions that help with that. Last year we went to Utah and it was fun but I missed the calmness of just our family and having our own traditions. This year was crazy but wonderful as we welcomed Mara into our family. Gave me a whole new perspective on what Mary went through and how she must have felt. We had our own "baby Jesus."

jennie said...

aha ha! Rant away, lady!

davenportreport said...

Loved it. Go back and read my Christmas rant from 2010. You'll feel much better about yourself.

See you tomorrow. xo

Karen said...

Well, I'm reading this post first, so now I'm a little curious/excited to see the other one...even if it's been edited. =)