.

.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Glimpse of Luke's Mind

We were having a bedtime chat in the dark the other night and I asked Luke how he was liking school:


Luke:  I like it 75%, and I don't like it 25%.

Me: Yah?...

Luke: Kind of like water and air.  Water is 75% of the earth's surface and land is 25%.

Me: (laughing)  Uh-huh...

Luke: The water doesn't really need the land, but the land really needs the water.

Me: (still chuckling) I think you're right, Luke.

[Pause]

Luke:  Mom, when the Liberty Bell fell and cracked, it made the sound of a B-Flat.


!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love the way that kid's mind works! I also love kids who have tons of random facts to share. =)

Jay said...

Wow, what a great mind he has, he will be a great philosopher or writer when he is older! I love it!

J9 said...

I am laughing so hard right now because I have conversations like this all the time with my kids! Then when I ask them why they thought of that, they usually have a perfectly clear but convoluted explanation!

Sally said...

He is wonderfully insightful for a 9 year old! My 10 year old doesn't care about anything except football and skateboards. But my 11 year old thinks thoughts like this.

I am so going to impress someone soon with that Liberty Bell fact. Thanks Luke!