.

.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

In all Seriousness...

Does this not look dee-licious?!:

 

It was.  Yes sirree.  The next day, I tried it with roasted beets and yogurt cheese.  Ever hear of such a thing?  Yogurt cheeeeese.  Pretty yummy. 


p.s.  That's a mushroom.  Who needs beef when you can have a bello? That's what I say.  And sometimes that's not what I say....

Sometimes I say:  "Bring on the Burger!  And can I get a load of cheese fries with that?!"

  =)




8 comments:

plainoldsarah said...

so did you make the yogurt cheese yourself? a while back i made sausage out of powdered milk.

that did look tasty! i've never made mushroom burgers - i always think the mushrooms are too expensive, but they're probably no more than a hunk of meat.

KarenB said...

That really does look so good! I'm buying portabella mushrooms next time I go to the store! Thanks for the yogurt cheese idea too. I'll have to try it.

Sally said...

I've never been a portabello mushroom eater merely because of the price but that looks super delicious.

I went through a huge yogurt cheese phase in my 20's during my low-fat years. Now that I don't care how much fat I eat I usually go straight for the cream cheese when I want that thick texture. But I like to eat drained yogurt by itself.

Do you belong to a CSA or live by a good market? Your vegetables always look really nice.

Karen said...

Yum! I would eat that in a second. My husband, on the other hand, would avoid it like the plague. Sadly, he (along with the kids) hates mushrooms, so I don't usually cook with them. That's undoubtedly why I always crave entrees with mushrooms when we got out. =)

Em said...

I loooooove avacodos and sometimes eat them plain like an apple! It's great to find healthy things that are also delicious!

Kitchen Recovery said...

That DOES look good. But I'm super hungry waiting for my dinner to be done. I do enjoy portabella burgers!
Are you talking about yogurt cheese, as in the stuff you get after making whey? That always ends up going bad in my fridge because I don't know what to make with it.

Tricia said...

I didn't make the yogurt cheese. I picked it up at a market. I just joined a CSA and got my first delivery a few days ago. I'm so happy! The beautiful, pesticide-laden produce in the picture comes from Costco.

Sally said...

Tell me how you like your CSA. But those pesticides look pretty tasty!