.

.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Under the Apple Tree

Will someone please come over and help me make applesauce?!




I've got about 30 pounds sitting here.

 

My little worker bees aren't here anymore during the day.





I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do it all by myself.

 

Woe is me.  



Sure was fun picking tho'!





And  climbing...


Good times.






We drove nearly a hundred miles to this orchard in Charlottesville. 

For the apple donuts.

Did you catch that??    Apple Donuts.


Ohhhh.....myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Heavenly.

We didn't even make it out of the parking lot til' we'd snarfed a dozen.
 


9 comments:

Karla said...

If you fly me out, I'll help you make applesauce....I know how! The secret is to get yourself (or borrow from someone) a Victorio Strainer. You put the apples in the top, the sauce comes out one said, the peel, core and seeds come out the other. So easy. Enjoy that homemade applesauce.

Karen said...

I think if I had the strainer your friend mentioned, I'd be more excited about undertaking homemade applesauce. =)

davenportreport said...

I want one right now. For breakfast.

I'm glad to know you still eat sugar. :)

Can't wait to see you!!!

jennie said...

100 miles is NOT too far to drive for a delish apple donut!

Sally said...

I've never been an apple cider drinker, but once someone gave us some homemade stuff and I've thought about it ever since. However, I think it's even more annoying to make than applesauce so I'd probably never do it. Good luck with the apple sauce!

Um...those donuts look awesome.

Darla said...

So it was worth it? The apple donuts, I mean? (: I was thinking of taking my kiddos out of school this week to this apple pickin' place. Looks like fun!

melissa said...

If you're still looking for the equipment I'd love to help you get started! let me know!

Sarah said...

We have been to that exact place. Yes, the apple doughnuts are worth the trip alone. And me, me, me! I want to come help you make applesauce. I have 40 pounds sitting in our kitchen right now. That is my goal this fall. I've never done it, but now I'm committed. :) I miss you very much. We had your awesome salad this last week and had loving thoughts of you. :)

Stacey B. said...

You are too funny! There is a farm down in Olympia that sells apple donuts as well and they are worth any drive to get there! Hey, how far are you from the Raleigh, NC area? We are moving to Fort Bragg in January. Maybe we could see you guys sometime? Miss you!