.

.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Glory Days

Last night, Creighton and I went on a lovely little date to the bookstore and ice cream. But it didn't end there, ohhhh no. We then spent the rest of the evening in our office digging up old 80's tunes online and blasting them with the doors shut. Talk about a trip without leaving your home! Try listening to Bananarama- just see where it takes you! Or Prince, or Level 42, Nick Kershaw, O.M.D., Tears For Fears, R.E.O. Speedwagon..... Those were the glory days, were they not?! I was a tweenie-bop, wrapped up in boys, the mall, laying out, decorating my Trapper Keeper. Life was good and glorious and bright. Creighton was a rock star. He thought. Playing with his band, dreaming with his band, scheming with his band. Music was his life. Some of those songs we dug up last night were almost too painful to listen to. For a moment, you're back. In a time so good it's tangible. And then, just as quickly, you know that time is gone forever, and your heart literally aches for it. Not that you would ever really want to go back. No amount of Bananarama could ever get me to do that. But ohhh, those were the days.

2 comments:

jennie said...

You forgot to mention the hair that went along with all of that music...tell me you wouldn't want all of THAT back!

davenportreport said...

Tricia, Tricia, Tricia,

You should have been at James' 20th reunion on Saturday. That was a blast! (from the past, of course)

Everyone was sent home with a CD of 80's faves, most of which were 80's rockers (Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc). Too funny. And the emcee (James' friend Carson) wrote a poem to mullets and another to big hair. "Remember when you took up the entire square in your yearbook picture because of your hair?" That was one of the lines. Too funny.

I have several 80s compilations that I've made. I'll share them with you...if you really want them.

I MISS YOU!!! What's going on?