Yep. It's a '67 Ford. I have a story about me and old trucks. I used to think, back in the day, how great it would be to find a guy who drove an old beat up truck. I had dated too many guys who were obsessed with appearances. Eventually, I couldn't help but think how refreshing it would be to find one who just didn't care about all that. I mean, what kind of ego can a guy have who drives a rusted old truck? On purpose! Creighton has gone through probably a dozen cars since the time we met- cars of all shapes, sizes, makes and models. It's been a sort of hobby for him. I never told him about my rusted old truck theory, but one day, shortly after we were married, he mentioned his dream of buying an old Ford pickup- just because. And four years ago, he bought one. We've held on to it, like a cherished pet, through four moves- to the point that it is now the sole car that Creighton drives. Impractical, Gas Guzzling, Rusted, Rattling, Hot As Sin In The Summer, Old Ford Truck-- and he doesn't care one whit!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
He Drives an Old Truck
Yep. It's a '67 Ford. I have a story about me and old trucks. I used to think, back in the day, how great it would be to find a guy who drove an old beat up truck. I had dated too many guys who were obsessed with appearances. Eventually, I couldn't help but think how refreshing it would be to find one who just didn't care about all that. I mean, what kind of ego can a guy have who drives a rusted old truck? On purpose! Creighton has gone through probably a dozen cars since the time we met- cars of all shapes, sizes, makes and models. It's been a sort of hobby for him. I never told him about my rusted old truck theory, but one day, shortly after we were married, he mentioned his dream of buying an old Ford pickup- just because. And four years ago, he bought one. We've held on to it, like a cherished pet, through four moves- to the point that it is now the sole car that Creighton drives. Impractical, Gas Guzzling, Rusted, Rattling, Hot As Sin In The Summer, Old Ford Truck-- and he doesn't care one whit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment