.

.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tiny Little Dancer




Abby's dance recital was tonight. She's such a pretty little dancer. I'm sure every mother feels this way- after all, it's obvious that recitals are just video ops for oogling parents. Who cares how they dance. At least at this age. There's something about seeing little girls in tutus, tights and little pink slippers that swells the heart. Am I wrong? Abby's suddenly growing up so fast. I can't seem to hold on tight enough to these sweet years with her. She's a breath of fresh air. I remember the moment she was born- I was instantly filled with joy- very literally. She's been my joyful little Abby ever since. And to see all that joy and fresh air wrapped up in a tutu, tights and little pink slippers........[smile].

After the show, it was clear I didn't get the memo about bringing a massive bouquet of roses for my dancing daughter and Abby quickly picked up on it too. So....we stopped at the grocery store on the way home and let Abby pick out some flowers. She gleefully chose the most beautiful, sweet smelling, perfect hot pink roses I've ever seen. And I'm not a fan of hot pink.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I saw your update on facebook and found your blog address in your profile. You're a great writer, and you've done quite a few posts in the last little while. I need to get the blogging bug again and update mine . . . one of these days.

So a friend of yours commented about your moving--are you coming back to WA?

Becky said...

Your family is so cute. It's fun to see your kids and what you and Creighton are up to these days. Very nice blog, I was I could write as well as you.

Take care