.

.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Night Vision

A frazzled Creighton read my post about Luke the other night and gave me a little look that said "Isn't this a little over the top, Trishy-Trish-Trish?"



I admit I'm idealistic when I write. I venerate my kids and my good man like we all do our ancestors, whether or not they were really just regular joes.... like me....and my kids, and...my good man.



It's just that- underneath all the usual exasperation of battling wills and ways,




I see these sweet, innocent, amazing little people.



It's usually at night, watching them sleep. Or on my knees, when all the mistakes of one day come rushing back to me, and I vow reform for the sake of their little souls.



And mine.




This is when I see them with my heart.




Transferring that vision to the heat of the day is a work in progress.



Except with these little Hoo-Haws.



Know what I love most about having twins?



Belly laughs in surround-sound.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Beautiful, Trish! A mom should never feel the need to apologize for loving her kids and husband too much. Love the "surround sound belly laughs."

Em said...

I love the way you say things! At night, I think a lot about my kids and how I could do better as a mother. Hopefully I'm gradually improving! Your twins are beautiful!!!

Karla said...

I love reading your writings. It helps me get refocused on what's most important. It's too easy to forget their little souls in the middle of the day. Thanks for the reminder.

Sally said...

Every single night in my prayers I pray that I will be a better mother tomorrow than I was that day. And it's always because at the end of the day I can see my mistakes and unwarranted impatience and frustration and my kids' innocence and earnestness so much more clearly than when I am in the thick of things.

I think it's like a little microcosm of life. How a true understanding of the eternal perspective too often doesn't come until the end of life. And my daily perspective doesn't come until the end of the day!

Karen said...

I love your post and everyone's comments! And I take great comfort in knowing I'm not the only mom who struggles with seemingly always-inadequate patience levels. =)

I love how you describe seeing your kids with your heart. That's how I feel when I look at them when they are sleeping. So peaceful, so beautiful. And then I ache as I replay the mistakes I made with them during the day.

But I suppose I can also take comfort in the fact that I recognize my weaknesses and want to do better, right? Isn't motherhood a wild ride? =)

davenportreport said...

Looooove that post! You inspire me. One day, I hope I grow up to be like you!

To answer your last questions, we went to Banff and around the area. Breathtaking. I loved it.

And to get to the real important details. Is our plan still on? I can come get you! We'll make it work. So call me!