Thursday, September 10, 2009
Someone Heard Me Whine
My blog last night must have been sent out into the universe, and definitely to heaven, because no one showed up to work on the kitchen this morning until 11:30 [chorus of angels singing]. Wow! It's only 12:30 and I've managed to prepare and feed everyone two good meals and move my pantry from the mudroom to the rec-room (major check-off) on top of showering (not easy), doing dishes, starting laundry, going for a walk, cleaning up several double-trouble mini disasters and simply being Mommy. I suppose all of that is part of being "Mommy," but I mean the One- on-One Mommy. As for the other Mommy, I figure if I can accomplish one extra task every day beyond the normal routine, I'm doing good. That can be as big as moving the pantry, or as small as cleaning out a drawer, or sorting through a pile of papers. It doesn't always happen, especially if I start coming up with grander and grander tasks that only end up mentally overwhelming me to the point that I can't accomplish anything. Managability is key, or the ability to work on a task in stages. I'm not great at that. I'm a little too "all or nothing" for my own good right now. My two latest tasks were borderline unmanagable and have been mental blocks for weeks. Yesterday it was cleaning a rug that's been sitting in our garage for two years so I can use it. Check. Even in my muddy state. Check. I forgot to feel good about that. But what feels even better, is that with a little bit of order today, I am now free to put babies down for a nap and sit with Miri for awhile to do whatever her little middle-child heart desires. Thank you Worker Men! Thanks for being lazy, or busy, or whatever you were this morning that allowed me some peace and space. I was determined to persevere in spite of you today, but what a nice jump start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love reading your blog! You make me smile and laugh! Glad to hear it was a good day. And I'm liking the whole idea of having a pantry in your rec room. =)
You are a woman among women, Trish! I don't know how you keep your sanity with all the little ones, a new house in a new state, and now workers tromping through your kitchen! I'd be in the psych ward by now!
I've been trying to do some organizing around here too, and it is overwhelming! Right now the contents of my closet are strewn all over the bedroom in an attempt to sort through it all, get rid of most of it, and put what's left back in an orderly way...and I can only work on it when Brynlee sleeps. Glad you got a little break from the workers!
Post a Comment