BOING!
All of a sudden, I. MUST. RUN. I want to run! I can think of nothing more exhilarating than donning my shoes and hitting the pavement to greet the sun and the trees and the sky in the morning. How romantic is that? And where on earth did it come from???
I blame it on these things:
Green Smoothies.
They're really messing with my taste buds, and apparently calling to my running shoes, among other strange and beautiful things. I'm talking about my 10 year old running shoes. They might even be older than that, I can't remember. Speaking of... I think I need some new running clothes. I don't really care what I run in, as long as it's comfortable, but I'm realizing that I should care a little more than I do. There are people out there on the streets. I have to pass them. I have to smile and say Hello, and they have to look at me. Which would be no big deal if I didn't happen to notice my pants are wearing out in strategic locations. My back side may or may not be in fabulous shape, but I sure don't need to highlight it either way. But then who's really looking at my bum, right?
"No one I pass is turning around to look at me," I thought as I put them on the other day. And then along came my neighbor- driving up behind me- about 10 miles an hour. Great. Good thing he couldn't see me rolling my eyes just before my nod and smile. And then along came Creighton right behind him. He was so shocked to see me out running on my morning "off" that I don't think he noticed my thread-bare bum gracing Broadstone Road.
He probably would've enjoyed it.
I tried to get some pictures of our street- which beckons to me every morning. My camera is dying a slow and painful death. Painful for me. With every miserable shot, Christmas feels so very far away.

5 comments:
Beautiful scenery!! And as far as those green smoothies, well...I hope they taste better than they look! LOL!
My sister-in-law loves making green smoothies for her kids. And the trick is they don't know the smoothies are filled with spinach! Is that the magic behind yours, too? =)
I used to love to run in college. I find I'm fighting my body more and more now. I'll want to run, but after I do, my knees tell me I'm not the young thing that I used to be. Luckily, our neighborhood has lots of hills, so I can still get a good workout with my fast walking. =)
If I lived somewhere that beautiful I might get out and run too! Sometimes I ask myself why I live in the ugly desert, but then I remember how much I hate being cold. Anyway, that's great that you're running. I also have a gym membership that hasn't been used in a loooong time, partially for the child care reason, among other excuses. Something's got to change though, because I assure you that NO ONE wants to see my backside in its current condition! In elementary school I ripped my pants and Mrs. Jones stitched up the crotch right there in front of the class while I waited pant-less in a bathroom stall!
Green smoothies have never done it for me. Maybe I need your recipe...
I'm impressed at your running; jealous, actually. I hate running, but I love how I feel when I regularly exercise. I'm funny because I hate doing things alone and prefer to exercise with a friend to chat with. It makes it fun for me. But my big question is, How do you go running with kids? Do you do it when your husband is home? Morning or night? I can't seem to figure out a way to work it into my schedule. I'd love your advice.
Post a Comment