Tonight I used the word "thrilled" in casual conversation. Thrilled. This morning I said "ponder" to our handyman. "Let me ponderthat and get back to you!" He laughed at me.
Sheesh. It's no wonder I've been ousted from the Young Mother's Club.
I think it is awesome. Creative vocabulary seems to be going by the WAYSIDE. LOL The other day I actually used the word LITHE in a sentence. I'm always telling my students to "pump up" their sentences with interesting words. :-)
Look on the bright side - you have five little kidlets, and your brain is still functioning! I don't know about you, but when my kids were toddlers and babies, I was happy just to form complete sentences some days - let alone trying to use big, intelligent words! =) I'd say no cause for alarm unless you start using those big words incorrectly...or forgetting them altogether! =)
What really gets me is when my kiddos use large words in everyday speaking...like how my 4 year old uses the word delicious instead of yummy. That's what I get for raising good readers. :)
Cate (my almost 5 year old) sidled up to me the other day and said, "Mom, I'm a little embarassed to tell you this, but your cakes are OUTSTANDING!" I giggled (under my breath) and asked her if she knew what "outstanding" meant. She replied, "No." So I asked her if she thought it was good or bad. She quickly responded that she thought it was good. Then she asked me what it meant. I told her it means "really wonderful--even better than expected." I wish the whole world could have seen the delight in her eyes as she practiced the definition out loud a few times and then shared her new found knowledge with her brothers and sisters. Words are wonderful!!
5 comments:
i'm confused about the flowers. but i'm glad to hear you ponder big decisions. :) i'm doing some pondering these days. i'll get back to you.
I think it is awesome. Creative vocabulary seems to be going by the WAYSIDE. LOL The other day I actually used the word LITHE in a sentence. I'm always telling my students to "pump up" their sentences with interesting words. :-)
Look on the bright side - you have five little kidlets, and your brain is still functioning! I don't know about you, but when my kids were toddlers and babies, I was happy just to form complete sentences some days - let alone trying to use big, intelligent words! =) I'd say no cause for alarm unless you start using those big words incorrectly...or forgetting them altogether! =)
What really gets me is when my kiddos use large words in everyday speaking...like how my 4 year old uses the word delicious instead of yummy. That's what I get for raising good readers. :)
Cate (my almost 5 year old) sidled up to me the other day and said, "Mom, I'm a little embarassed to tell you this, but your cakes are OUTSTANDING!" I giggled (under my breath) and asked her if she knew what "outstanding" meant. She replied, "No." So I asked her if she thought it was good or bad. She quickly responded that she thought it was good. Then she asked me what it meant. I told her it means "really wonderful--even better than expected." I wish the whole world could have seen the delight in her eyes as she practiced the definition out loud a few times and then shared her new found knowledge with her brothers and sisters. Words are wonderful!!
Post a Comment