.

.

Friday, October 23, 2009

In The Clear

We did it. We made it through the Flu. All of a sudden yesterday evening everyone snapped out of it (the remaining sickies) and they were all dancing around the living room to music. I love it when the sick cloud lifts. For those of you who are wondering, it wasn't too bad. There were no doctor visits. Each one of them had a day or two of intermittent misery/fever, and the rest was pre-aches/fatigue and post cough/runny nose. I did go into it thinking that they shouldn't get hit hard, because overall, we're all pretty healthy. I was on the path of not getting the vaccine, because I think if you are healthy, there is nothing to fear. You may get it, but it won't be long and drawn out or develop into something worse. Still not a fun ride, though.

I hope this Destroying Angel passes the rest of you by!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to hear life has returned to normal. And glad it wasn't too bad. The media makes it seem so scary (and I know there are truly scary cases), but I've resisted getting the H1N1 vaccine. It's just too new. Not to mention we don't even get regular flu shots to begin with!

In the meantime, I continue to be a hand-washing fanatic. "Welcome home, kids. Don't touch anything and proceed directly to the bathroom." =)

Dot said...

Hi Tricia! We experienced the same thing with the swine flu...only three out of seven kids got it and it was not that big of a deal. I agree diet, sleep and stress levels all make a huge difference in our immune system!...I also agree with your particular diet, and am trying to get my entire family to eat that way, too...in time, I hope. I had to laugh at Karen's comment about hand washing...I am the same way :)...that makes a huge difference too.

So, now that you are back east...let's get together sometime :)...any plans for Thanksgiving? Christmas? New Years?

Tricia said...

Hi guys! I'm the same about hand washing- every day after school, especially. Last week, I was busy painting bedrooms when they would get home. Creighton was here, but I know that's not part of his routine (it's just off his male radar, understandably). I wonder if that's what brought it home (???) My older kids have never had the seasonal flu vaccine either. I get it when I'm pregnant, and the twins got it last year because they were still so little. I feel like there's way too much media hype about H1N1 too, but Creighton wasn't so sure, so we were in limbo about the vaccine. Anyway, glad all's well with both of you.

Ray said...

I'm thrilled that you didn't get sick. I often have pondered why I didn't get it either. I am certain it isn't due to my poor diet, so I have ousted that possibility.

Tina said...

I love how sometimes our thoughts are running along the same vein! Except, maybe now you shouldn't read my latest post =).

So glad to hear that your family is doing better though. And, no matter what you get out of what I wrote on my blog(because now I'm sure you'll be reading it), I still think it's important and beneficial to eat healthy and be good stewards over the bodies God has blessed us with.