.

.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Guess I Don't Have to Worry

about whether or not I should give my kids the Swine Flu Vaccine. We've got it. The ENTIRE family.

Except Me.

I'm the last one standing. Wondering when my number is up. I suddenly have an inkling of how it might feel to be sitting in the Electric Chair, waiting for that buzzer. Or on the Titanic after all the lifeboats have dropped.

Tonight, Abby said to me: "Mom, this is the part I hate about Life."

Me, too.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Trish! I can only imagine. I guess it's good news you're still standing, though. It's always horrible to try to take care of everyone else when you're feeling crummy yourself. Hopefully it'll pass quickly. And look on the bright side...now you got your antibodies for free. =)

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one strugglling over the H1N1 vaccine!!

Em said...

James and Marinne had it last week, but the rest of us never got it. It was our Fall Break, and we spent it quarantined at home. Oh well! Good luck!

Kristie said...

My gosh! You're the first people I've known who have caught it. What is the bet way to combat it? I hope everyone in your family feels better soon!

davenportreport said...

Tricia, I'm so sorry! I've heard it's not fun. It's rampant in Centerville, but I'm the one that thinks, "my kids don't need the vaccine - we're always healthy! It's too new and we don't even get normal flu shots." I hope I'm not sorry later.

Stay strong, girl! Don't give into the madness that is called H1N1!

xoxo