
We were in D.C. during the peak of the cherry blossoms. We tried to get down to the tidal basin in our car on the way out of town (about a half mile away), but ended up stranded in a parking lot of traffic for 2 hours. It wasn't such a loss since we nearly drowned in the blossoms around our hotel and The Capitol:






Do you ever get the urge to EAT the flower....just to take it all in?



4 comments:
I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to go there during the cherry blossom time. I'll just have to live vicariously through you. And my little weeping cherry tree in my front yard.
That is gorgeous! I really need to go next year. I have such an aversion to crowds and traffic, and even more than that, I hate getting lost or losing a kid, so I try to avoid DC at all costs....unfortunately my kids miss out on a lot because I don't take them there.
We were actually up that way for Spring Break, but we couldn't bear the thought of dealing with all the traffic and crowds! We usually try to Metro in and do something fun while we're there, but coordinating a trip with my kids and their 12 cousins during the height of the cherry blossoms proved too daunting for the moms. =)
Did it smell good? I have never heard about DC's cherry blossoms before this year. They look gorgeous.
Post a Comment