This picture came in the mail today. It's me. And my horse.
- Except my hair isn't blonde anymore.
- And I'd do without the necklace.
- I could probably come up with that outfit... but my sneakers are navy- which, of course, would be very wrong.
- And who is she kidding? Ride a horse in that skirt?!
- Okay, it's not really me.
But here's the real problem:
I don't have a horse, either.
I would like a horse. Some day. Somehow. Some way. It's a dormant dream in me. Something about me that's always been. I rode a horse for the first time when I was 10, in hills just like these. Something about me woke up that day- and that something pops in now and then and reminds me that there's still a part of me waiting to be explored. I've lived long enough now to figure there must be something to quiet dreams like that- that pop in and out for half a lifetime.
For the record: I do own a pair of cowboy boots. And I wear them. I don't usually connect them with my horse dream. I just really like cowboy boots. It's something about me that's always been.
Maybe I was a rodeo queen in a previous life.
=}

3 comments:
I knew I wanted to be a brain surgeon in second grade. I gave up the dream in college because I figured it wouldn't be compatible with raising a family. It's still there, though, and I've been trying to fill the hole that dream left ever since.
I can see you in that outfit, looking every bit as pretty as the model.
From what I've been able to tell about you in the comments you make and the posts that you write - I think you'll get your horse someday, somehow, someway. I look forward to seeing the pictures!
Um..great post. I wanna be that girl, too (I mean, I wanna be YOU!). How are you, Tricia??
Post a Comment