
Virginia exploded in color last week. This must be one of those charming Southern things because it took me completely by surprise-- POOF!

I've never seen anything like it. And all this time I thought they were just ratty old bushes in our yard! In fact, now I'm pretty sure those little bushes we ripped out in the flower garden were azaleas, may they rest in peace.

I'm in heaven. I'm a spring lover as it is, but this is almost more floral bliss than I can process!

I don't know how many pictures can fit on one post, but trust me, I spared you about 293 of them.

All these flowers and perfect weather have me in a spring tizzy-- Miri and I have been doing some ruthless clean-out this week.

I got going on it and kept thinking how familiar the process felt,

and then realized it's because I've been cleaning out and re-organizing over and over again for the past 9 months-- ever since we moved in. Thanks to a couple of adorably pesky two year olds.


And then there was the clean-out before the move...and before the babies were born... and before and after every move every year!

It's this never ending process we live with....

You'd think I'd have nothing left by now, right? I know. Go figure.

This week's ruthless criteria:
Clothing/Shoes- too short? too tight? too awkward? too homely? Haven't worn it this year? Don't feel fabulous in it? TOSS IT. (Okay, maybe half-way fabulous...)

Children's Books - silly? dumb? pointless? commercial? makes your eyes roll back in your head when you read it? GONE.

Dishes in the garage - Uh, if they're in the garage, you obviously haven't missed them. OUT.

Stuffed Animals - What is it with stuffed animals? I don't know how many times I've tried to obliterate them from existence in our house and either A. The kids get an internal radar alert about exactly which ones have gone missing, or B. I try to involve them in the giveaway selection process and it ends up a tearful, blubbery plea to spare their lifeless lives. We're like the shelter for Critters Without Hope--we have about 500 stuffed animals (give or take 450), and I'm sure only 3 of them came from me. They just end up here somehow. What to do, what to do...

And so on, and so on, throughout the house.

Whittling down, whittling down...

Ahh.....
I suddenly know why these are called pansies.

10 comments:
You're hilarious. Way to go on the Spring cleaning. I can't stand stuffed animals either. The only thing I think we have more of is pencils. Every holiday, every birthday, someone thinks it's a genius idea to give my kids pencils. Pencils pencils everywhere. I should use them as kindling for a bonfire.
I tried to give away stuffed animals for free at my garage sale once and couldn't even get rid of them that way.....PLUS they MULTIPLY in your house!!!
i just have to say azaleas have ALWAYS been my favorite flower. bret tried to give me one last year, but it quickly died in the house. apparently they don't do well in utah. inside or outside.
The flowers are so pretty. I so wish I was good at gardening so that I could have an honest to goodness flower garden.
Oh the azaleas! Welcome to the south, my friend! I have been perpetually happy no matter where I go lately because they're EVERYWHERE! Well, except my yard, which is sad...and soon to be remedied. =)
I'm with you on the Spring cleaning. I've been feeling it, too. My problem right now is that I'm drawn outside to my yard and garden while the weather is perfect. So I've got inside and outside projects calling me. But I've decided to push the outside projects to the top of the list for now and save the inside ones for when the heat and humidity soon arrive. Another southern thing that's not quite as nice as azaleas... =)
LOVE the pictures. They really put me in the spring time mood! We've got snow today (and a snow day) so we're staying indoors.
Beautiful pictures! They got me missing Maryland.
My 10 year old daughter was so funny when I told my kids to pick their 10 favorite toys to keep - she kept saying to herself "They are just a stuffed toy - they don't have feelings" as she would decide which ones to keep. She used to be really attached to them as well! Every time I would get rid of some of the hundreds - she would not fail to notice!
Your camera is amazing!! Hasn't this spring been wonderful??
I won't even take a picture of the lovely spring day out my window. Don't want to depress you. My lovely pink and yellow tulips are now white. You get the picture.
So thanks for sharing. Those flower pictures are amazing. And they made my day.
And the spring cleaning...I've been doing it for about a month now. And why do I STILL have so much stuff? I guess we need to move more frequently!:)
P.S. Stuffed animals. Hate. them. so. much. Where do they come from? I swear they have magical powers and appear (or reappear) out of nowhere! Who buys them anyway?
love you girl!
Wow your yard looks like the Red Butte Gardens in Utah!
I can't believe how grown up the twins are...
Post a Comment