.

.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I am No Superwoman

My good man's been traveling.
A lot. 

It never gets easier.
I don't feel stronger.


I hold my breath
And pray.


But he's home...
Home today.

Home for the holidays.

Can I breathe now?
Can I wilt?
Crumple to the floor?

I am no Superwoman.

3 comments:

davenportreport said...

I think you are.

Em said...

Neither am I, and Ray never travels! I just abandoned the plan to make Christmas treat plates for friends and neighbors, but I'm telling myself I'm still a good person.

Cath said...

Tricia - Oh, I understand this so well. Once he enters the door, all reserves suddenly drain. I crumple. Somehow we are sustained as we go it alone - by a divine hand, I believe. But I'm with you. I'm no superwoman. So glad your family is whole for the holidays. Joy and Blessings!