and apparently I did for about 30 minutes (as documented in this very blog), that question has been wonder-fully settled by my little girls this season. These little girls- who at two years old know nothing but what they experience first hand- who react purely and simply from their very hearts to the world around them--squeal with utter delight at the sight of Santa Claus as we drive around town. It sends me into amazed fits of laughter every time! Something about both of them squealing together, I suppose. The shared joy. Unrestrained shrieks of glee! Incessant, until Mommy has acknowledged that "Yes," indeed, "There's Santa!" (And snowmen, and reindeer, and Christmas trees...)
And then, low and behold, this big red fellow with a beard appeared at our ward Christmas party. Oh boy, did their eyes get big and their voices soft. There he was. The man himself. Kate was with me and settled for a candy cane out of line, but Caroline made it into his lap When Santa inquired what she desired most, she whispered, almost inaudibly:
"Prezet."
And since that night, she occasionally comes up to me share her sweet memory:
"Sit Santa lap," she says with a whisper and a smile.
That settles it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Seems like kids sometimes have things right. I love the magic of Santa and the giving spirit he represents. You twins are too adorable.
Hi Friend, I just spent the past few minutes reading your most recent posts from the Philadelphia Airport. It SO COOL to be able to catch up on things you do and experiance with the kids while I'm so far away. Love, Me.
Post a Comment